Friday, November 2, 2012

New Tooth & Happy Hour

I woke up at 6:30 am this morning and couldn't go back to sleep.  The alarm clock was set for 7:30, so it wasn't a big deal getting up at that time.  I sure don't want to make it a habit.

I had my coffee and toast and then headed down to the dentist for my dreaded appointment.  The Dentist office is completely automated and they have all the forms on computers and you just sign a device like when you sign your name for a credit purchase at Walmart.  Sounds good doesn't it?  Well after you sign that device about 10-12 times like I did today it really gets to be too much.

The dentist assistant xrayed my tooth and then used a wand like device to take a picture of it and place it on a computer screen.  They took before and after pictures of the tooth and the finished product which was a crown.  They actually prepped the tooth, filed it down and then installed the finish product in 2 hours.  I was more interested in seeing how they shaped the crown and prepared the finished product.  The dentist said he had been making crowns this way for 10 years, but the most recent update to the software 2 years ago really made it feasible to do the complete job in 2 hours.

Of course you do pay for this kind of service, but the time saved made it worth while. In addition, it was less expensive for this crown than past crowns.  

Cousin Sharon and her husband Al came by to see the motor home and we then went to the Guadalajara Cafe for Happy Hour.  We ordered two appetizers as our meal and couldn't finish either of them.  I guess that will be my lunch for Saturday afternoon.  We had a great time and the salsa made at our table was excellent as usual.  We stayed until the Mariachi band finished their set and then headed out of there.

I am stuffed and worn out, so this will be an early night for us once again.

I finally got in contact with my friend John who has a beach house in Bethany Beach, DE to see how the house fared in the storm.  He got off lucky and didn't have any damage at all.  I know he was worried about it and a quick trip there helped put his mind at ease.
 
It's great to be back in Tucson.     

No comments:

Post a Comment