Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy Independence Day

Happy Independence Day

I hope everyone has a very great day celebrating the 4th of July and they get a chance to see a parade and some great fireworks.  We have plans to attend the fireworks show at Waynesboro, PA as we have for the past few years.  They put on a great show and we've never been disappointed in them.


We went over to Cassie & Jack's to visit with them today and Gerry prepared a pork chop and wild rice casserole to take to them.  Add some corn on the cob, sauteed mushrooms, green beans and you have a delicious meal.  We planned on going to the fireworks later in the evening, however they were rained out.  We aren't sure when they will rescheduled, so we have to keep our eyes open for the announcement.

I took my laptop over to their house so I could download some large Windows 7 update files and it took me 4 tries to actually download them.  I guess a lot of people took advantage of the holiday to download the updates.  Then when we returned to the cabin and I connected via the verizon aircard, there was another update out there.  What is it with these guys?

Ok guys and dolls, what do you think the photo below is about?

1 comment:

  1. Lots of flags flying here on July 4. I'm optimistic about our future in spite of the incompetence in congress and the White House.

    Could that critter on the other side of the screen belong to the order Odonata, the suborder Epiprocta or, in the strict sense, the infraorder Anisoptera ?

    ReplyDelete