Friday, March 8, 2013

Off to the airport

Barb & Henry's visit to Tucson came to an end this morning very early.  We got up at 4 AM and left the motorhome at 4:35 AM for their flight.  The nice thing about staying at CCRV is that the airport is only 20 minutes away.  That early in the morning it was even quicker since there wasn't any traffic at all.   We dropped them off at the Southwest Airline door and said our goodbyes.  It was sad to see them go, but we will see them again in June.

They had a flight to Las Vegas where they will go to the NASCAR race there on Sunday.  I think Barbara also has her eye on some slot machines and a show Saturday night.  The show doesn't start until 10:30 PM since it has topless dancers and then it lasts 1 1/2 hours.  I bet they will be tired puppies after that.

 I think Barbara was at the slot machines before we woke up.  Her partner in crime, Liz is at the next machine along with Henry Sr.  Neither of the Henrys like to gamble so they must have hung around had some of the free drinks for the players.  Actually, I don't know if they still give out free drinks on the strip.  You can tell by the big smile on Barbara's face that she is enjoying her time in Las Vegas.  Have fun guys & dolls.

We returned to the MH and caught a couple hours of sleep before we took the rental car back to the airport.  Going to the airport twice in a day was a first for us.  Returning the car went off without a hitch and we were out of there in less than 10 minutes.

By this time it was time for my PT and I had the owner giving me a workout today.  She really makes it difficult since she pushes me so much.  It is for my own good so I endure it.  I think I will ask for someone else next time.  NOT!

That was our exciting day, how was yours? 

1 comment:

  1. The race was great but when we left there was an accident on 15 south and someone was killed. They held all the race fans in the parking lot for 3 hours!! Once we got out there were some detours since 15 was closed but we made it back by 7pm...4 hours after the race ended! We have been to a lot of races but this set a record. Bruton Smith's traffic bad luck continues!