Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Coast 2 Coast Bike Tour

Coast 2 Coast
March 8—April 29, 2013

Each spring there is a bicycle tour group that stops overnight at Cactus Country RV Park in the tent camping area.  In the past there were groups from Colleges and various other groups have stopped by.  This year a group of 24 bike riders are riding from San Diego, CA to St. Augustine, FL.  The group this year looked like an older selection of bikers.  I chatted with one man who looked to be in his late 60s or early 70s and he looked very fit.  

The company that runs the tours provides campsite, tents, food, roadside assistance and just about everything else.  All you have to do is ride your bike for 52 days.  That is more than I could imagine me accomplishing now or even 30 years ago.   All the more power to them.




 
I did notice they had a massuese to help work on tired and worn out muscles.  I thought about slipping in the Q and getting a free massage.  Then I heard the guy moaning on the table and thought better of it.  Too much like the PT that I get twice a week.

Gerry has come down with what I've had for the last week or so and sounds just as miserable as I feel.  The pollen level here is sky high and that is what is causing the problem.  If we could, I would pack up and leave for an area with less pollen.  No such luck.

That was our excitement for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment