Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mothers' Day & Birthdays

Happy Birthday Henry!

It must be tough to celebrate your birthday on Mother's Day and have to share your day.  Your children will share the love with you and Barbara on your dayWell, I guess they share the love all year, so it works out for all.

I surmise from one of your recent blogs that you are not a member of the 8% club any longer.  Don't worry, there is always next year.

Happy Mother's Day!

I hope all the mothers out there have a special and loving day on this day.  Gerry will celebrate her day by riding through 3 states on our way back east.  It seems we are always on the road for our birthdays and special days.  With our children spread out in two different states and 400 miles apart, it is difficult to gather in person for celebrations all the time, but the phone calls go a long way to make it special.

A poem for Gerry on Mothers Day
 I know it's been a hard task
the things we ask of you.
You should know you're very special
for all the things you do.

I'm thankful for a wife like you,
no one could take your place.
A heart like yours for those in need
is a thing one can't replace.

So thanks again for being there
and for all the things you do,
no man could be so lucky
to have a love like you!

Happy Mother's Day!

Let my eyes be massaged by your beauty,
Let my heart be warmed by your smile.
Let my ears always hear that you love me,
Let my lips kiss yours for a while.

Let my arms hold you close when you're sad,
Let my hugs make you warm when you're cold.
Let my love last as long as forever,
That way we will never grow old.

Let me promise you'll never be lonely,
Let me promise to always be true,
Please let me by happy for the rest of my life,
When I ask you, Please say, "I do"


We said our goodbyes to Judy & Herb yesterday and want to thank them for all the hospitality they showed us during the visit.  It was great seeing them again and I know we will meet up somewhere in the future, possibly Ruidoso on our trip west next fall.  

Herb, Judy & Me

Judy, Herb & Gerry
 I'm not sure what Judy is referring to on this picture, but I'm sure it isn't something flattering.     

4 comments:

  1. Happy Mother's Day, Gerry. Our kids are in MT, VA, and NM so getting everybody together just doesn't happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mothers Day Gerry. Hope you have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the birthday wishes...we had a big old time at Sean & Taylor's but you will have to wait till Wednesday to see it.

    Travel safe and see you soon.

    YFSILINC

    ReplyDelete