Saturday, May 11, 2013

Breakfast & Flat Tire

We drug ourselves out of bed this morning around 8am and slowly took our time drinking our cups of coffee.  We had a brunch date at Judy & Herb's at 11am so we weren't in a big hurry.  Herb had to go into work for a short time and then returned to their house to join us.  Judy prepared a delicious breakfast casserole and blueberries and cream for dessert.  

After brunch Herb went back to work and I left to get the tire repaired on the Saturn.  It's been loosing air and was down again this morning.  Since my grandson Ryan works at Discount Tire, I thought I'd give them my business.  That was when I found out that they repaired flats free of charge whether you bought the tire there or not.  Now that is service you don't see much in the business world anymore.  Thanks guys.

Gerry & Judy went shopping and I could feel the bank balance dropping by the minute.  Gerry loves to shop and I hate to shop so it was nice she had someone to ooh and aaw over all the nice clothes.  Judy lives to shop, so they had a successful trip. $$$ flew out of the account, but Gerry has some nice new clothes to wear now.  Since this morning she had on a robe from the Ivory Coast that was over 30 years old, I figured she deserved the new stuff.

I came back to the motorhome and looked up more dead relatives.   Ancestry.com is a very helpful source to find information on ancestors and the findagrave.com website is great, also.  I was deep into some some 3rd cousins out in Utah when Herb called and said he was on the way over to visit.  I was ready for a break by then and shut down the computer.

A new neighbor moved in next to us and they had a nice shiny Tiffin Phaeton motorhome.  I visited with them until Herb arrived and we all sat outside and chatted.  They left Sierra Vista, AZ a few days ago and arrived here in time for a Kenny Chesney concert on Saturday night.  They will leave on Monday to return out west without a set schedule, but it looks like they will reverse the route we took from Tucson.  

By this time the girls returned and chatted with us for a while and Judy left to prepare a nice dinner.  I think they will be happy to see us leave so she doesn't have to cook so much.  Once again it was a tasty meal and we all enjoyed the food and company.

Back to the motorhome and work on this short blog and then to bed.  

Goodnight.    

2 comments:

  1. Definitely great customer service at the tire store. And a good thing since that money was flying out of the account so fast. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Gerry's robe. It's very pretty. BTW it's cold and damp here. Looks like a 50 degree day. Brrrrr

    ReplyDelete