Friday, January 10, 2014

Pizza Time

One of the events at the park is an all you can eat pizza night.  All the pizza is made here at the rec center by one person who brings in 5-6 pizza ovens.  They run on electric and I can't imagine how many amps they draw, but evidently the power supply is adequate to handle it.

The previous person who had the business used to prepare the pizza dough onto trays and then add the toppings as he went along and he kept up with the demand for the pizza.  I understand he has sold the business and the new person was a little slower, but still turned out enough pizzas for everyone to get their fill.  She must use the same recipe since the pizzas were quite similar to the ones in the past.

The calendar said the pizza party was going to start at 6:30pm and we talked our neighbors Frank & Jan into going with us.  We headed out around 6:20.  Imagine our surprise when we arrived and everyone had their first serving of pizza finished and some were coming back for seconds!  Somewhere along the line the start time had been backed up to 6pm but it wasn't a problem since there were pizzas leftover at the end. 

Getting a place to sit was a little dicey, but Ron K had saved us two spots and we managed to find two more spaces for Frank & Jan.  Later arrivals had to scurry around to find seating and it looked like the rec center was full of contented pizza eaters.  We enjoyed chatting with Frank & Jan and the others at our table and time flew by quickly.  Then it was back to the RV and some relaxation.

I managed to break another tooth eating the pizza, so this may be one of the more expensive pizza parties we have attended.  I will have to wait until Monday and try to get an emergency appt with our dentist out here.  There isn't any pain associated with the break but I have decided that sweets will not be part of my diet for the next few days.  

I had PT yesterday and Kari beat me with a pipe.  Yes, that is correct.  Well, actually she had a foot long piece of PVC pipe and rolled it on my upper leg muscles.  The muscles have been tight and sore lately and when I mentioned this to her she grabbed the pipe.  She used it much like a rolling pin and boy did I feel it.  Since the Dr. had to realign my right knee, the muscles were a little out of alignment.  She explained what was going on and how rolling the pipe helped break up fluid and such.  Anyway, it sure seemed to help and now Gerry is going to take the rolling pin to me on Sunday.

With shopping (where Gerry's found something, possible big purchase), lunch at Panera Bread, PT and Pizza it was a typical day around here.  Now for a day of rest and watching some NFL football playoff games.  I need it.

That was our day, how was yours?   

No comments:

Post a Comment