Saturday, June 16, 2012

John Deere & Spareribs

What a day for me.  I did something I haven't done in over six years and this time it was even easier than before.  Everyone was working in the house and I volunteered to cut the grass for Larry Jr.  He has a nice 18hp riding lawn mower and it made short work on his 3/4 acre lawn.  



The grass cutting wasn't without incident though.  I was trying to cut as close as possible to the rear of the motor home and misjudged how low the tow bar hitch was.  Thankfully I was moving slowly and the motor home wasn't damaged and the mower had a little scratch.  When I showed it to Larry Jr he replied "now we are even for me wrecking the Toyota in Costa Rica".  The odd thing was, I was going to tell him the same thing.  Great minds think alike.

Barb & Henry had invited us over Friday night for a bbq spareribs dinner and we went there, but Barb had to work late and was frazzled when she got home.  It took two Canadian Club and Pepsi drinks to calm her down and by then it was too late for the spareribs.  So the spareribs dinner was shifted to Saturday night and Grant joined us for the dinner.  They were some of the best spareribs I've had in a long time and the corn on the cob, grilled sweet potato and garlic bread were fantastic.   Needless to say I managed to get my full share of the food and then some.  

Come on Henry, quit eating for the picture!

Not much left of 4 huge ribs.

Grant & Gerry looked satisfied.
After dinner we sat around and chatted for a while and were going to watch a movie, but there weren't any good movies on the Cable Channels so Henry went and retrieved King Kong from his movie DVDs.  None of us had seen the latest one so we thought it would be a good movie for all ages to watch.  It was, but nobody knew it was over 3 hours long and there were some tired people there at the beginning of the movie and really tired people at the end.  What a marathon and we actually had a short intermission for some ice cream.  I wasn't sure I was going to be able to walk out of there for the drive back to the motor home, but we all made it.

And, that is why I am sending the blog posting out a day late.

No comments:

Post a Comment