Saturday, June 23, 2012

Computers & Crafts

Gerry and I spent the afternoon at our friends Carolyn & Mann's house and the boys and girls went to their sections of the house.  Gerry & Carolyn spent the whole time chatting about things that girls talk about.  Kids, crafting, rving, etc and who knows what.

Mann and I discussed computers the bulk of the time and different programs that we use.  He has a super fast internet connection and I took advantage of that to download some freeware and other large files.  I couldn't tell you in detail what all we discussed, but there never was a lull in the conversation.

They have a diesel motorhome and he gave me a number of tips on care and maintenance of the unit.  Between what he told me and what the PDI guy at Lazydays said, my brain is on overload of how to take care of the unit.  I will approach it like I did with the gas units and learn as I go.  A long session of reading the manuals will occur in the next few days once we catch our breath. 

We had a nice dinner with them and chatted some more and then left them early enough to get back to the motorhome and get to bed at a reasonable hour.  We saw a number of deer and a small fox on the way back, but they all behaved themselves.

We will be leaving Pocahontas State Park on Sunday morning and make the 200 mile drive to Greenbriar State Park near Hagerstown, MD.  We made a reservation at one of the last sites in the park that the motorhome will fit in.  The online reservation system says it has a 30ft limit, but we have stayed there before in our 37ft motorhome and it fit in the space with no problem.  They only have 30amp service with water spigots throughout the area.  I will have to fill the fresh water tank on the way in and use it.  It won't be a problem since we have a 90 gal fresh water tank.

That was our day, how was yours?  

No comments:

Post a Comment