Sunday, June 3, 2012

Charleston here we come & Red Solo Cup

We finished unloading the Southwind and transferring all the stuff from it to the Bus this afternoon.  It turned into much more of a marathon than we had expected, or at least more than I expected.  Part of that may be that in my mind I am still a young man as long as I don't look in the mirror.  Well, these last few days have convinced me that I am no longer a young man.   It took me about 4 times as long to do tasks as it did a few years ago.

The Southwind looks real nice with all of our stuff out of there and served us well these past 10 years.  We put 61092.3 miles on the unit and other than brake problems a few years ago, and the refrigerator coil having to be replaced, it was relatively problem free.  Motor homes are houses on wheels and all the vibration and such does cause problems.  Gerry took some pictures so she could remember a faithful friend.



We took the opportunity to throw away some old and unneeded items and I took a couple trips to the work bay areas of Lazydays.  The have large 55 gallon trash barrels at each bay so it worked out fine for us.  On one of my drives over there I ran across this motorhome and was amazed that someone would paint a 45 ft Prevost this color.  What do you think?



For some reason I was singing Red Solo Cup after seeing this coach.  Maybe the owner wrote the song and loves red that much.  I would guess this coach was in the $1.5M range when new and since it is for sale now, I would be afraid to ask what they are asking now.  

If anyone out there is interested, let me know and I will act as the salesman for you.  The commission from the sale of this unit must be quite large and I would love to receive it.  Fat chance of that happening.

We are looking forward to hitting the road in the morning and traveling once again.  We get hitchitch after sitting so long while we are in the travel mode.  If we get out of here soon enough we hope to make it to Charleston, SC for a few days of touring in the area.  Charleston is one of our favorite cities to spend time in.  The downtown is very charming and the old houses are beautiful.  We will get a chance to eat a Low Country boil down on the beach and that is always a treat. 

2 comments:

  1. The pictures bring back memories of time spent in your rig. I'm sure we'll have just as good memories in the new one.
    Betsy is home from the hospital today so all is moving forward.

    ReplyDelete