Friday, June 15, 2012

Ipad3 & Apple Strudel

Larry Jr and I made a Costco run today to restock his pantry and for me to pick up some much needed items.  He grabbed a shopping cart and took off on his mission while I walked around picking up the few items on my list.  Costco has a nice feature where they give out samples of products they are selling and the first sample of the day for me was a small piece of Apple Strudel.  Big mistake on my part since it was so good that I put one in my basket.  It was delicious and made me want more.  Yes, I know I am weak when it comes to Mince Meat pie and Apple Strudel.


Our son in law Henry recently changed jobs and decided he wanted to try out an Ipad3 as a supplement to his laptop.  There are a number of features that he likes about the Ipad3 but overall he doesn't think it is worth the price for what he needs.  I have been interested in the Ipad and he loaned it to me for the weekend to take it out for a test drive.  I haven't had much of a chance to use it so far, but my first impression is that it won't be of much use to me either.  I will fool around with it for a few days to see if maybe it will become a member of the family in the future. 

I know there are a number of apps available for free and purchase and if I have time I will check into some of them today.  Itunes isn't something that interests me and we don't have an Iphone so that limits some features right off the bat.  It is small enough to carry around with you and to use it on your lap will watching tv and such.  We spend a lot of  time in the motorhome and my laptop does many of the same things and has many more features.

Do any of you readers have an Ipad and if so, what do you use it for?  I know our friend Gloria has an Ipad and uses it, but not sure what she uses if for.  Gloria, any input?  I am looking for justification to buy something that I don't know if I would ever use.

We have been having great weather here in the Charlotte, NC area the past few days and the forecast is for more of the same.  I hope it lasts until we get out of here and there aren't any more thunderstorms.

We plan on leaving the area next Thursday morning and driving to Pocahontas State Park in Chesterfield, VA and staying for three nights.  We made reservations at the park,  since we thought it might be a busy season for them with the school children being free for the summer.  Our good friends, Carolyn & Mann live nearby and we always enjoy visiting with them.

3 comments:

  1. Wouldn't pay for the name IPAD again. Try Samsung or Assus. Just as good. No I don't use it much and I got it before the camera version. The Samsung you can take pics from both sides. IPAD might, too. Don't know.
    Lynne, our friend who just stopped by in IL going to IA got a Kindle Fire for $199. No camera but does all the rest....wifi, games, email, etc. Smaller than the IPAD. All the same free/purchase apps available. Nice. Tempted to get one. Gerry and I NEED a kindle fire. Easier to fit in a purse than the Samsung/IPAD, etc.
    I take the IPAD for waiting/sitting. When I was in an airport I saw some IPADs being used. I was in a hurry and didn't take mine. Wish I had.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You bought Apple Strudel from Costco and didn't share with us. We share with you when we get it. In fact we haven't bought any since we've been back cause we don't have anyone to share those 8 delicious bundles of good eats.
    Have a safe trip and let me know if there's any reason I would possibly use and IPad thingy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dee,
    Gerry said we should share the Apple Strudel with you, so I am going to put a couple of them away and bring them to CCRV in November. I hope they last that long!

    ReplyDelete