Saturday, April 7, 2012

Time Zones & Texting

Gerry and I don't use the cellphone to send or receive text messages.  We have our Verizon phone set so that text messages do not show up and can't be sent.  We have old style phones that we use as phones, so texting isn't on our agenda.  Our ATT phone can receive text messages, but anyone who knows us won't send messages.  That is how it is supposed to work.

Arizona doesn't go on daylight savings time so we are 3 hours behind Eastern Daylight Time, etc.  This morning my phone started making noises and vibrating at 6:30am.  I thought one of the planes from the AFB that fly over us early in the morning had crashed.  What a wake up that was.  By the time I figured out it was only my phone, I checked and there was a text message from my niece, Shelly, in Illinois.  At first I thought something dreadful had happened, but then thought if it had, then they would call me.  I waited until later to check the message and she informed us that she was getting married in June.  Oh!   Location and time to follow later.  We are happy for them and he is getting a great woman.  Congrats you two.

Did I mention that I don't get up early in the morning.  I am retired and need all the beauty rest I can get.  Now I am yawning and trying to stay up late enough to finish this blog.  So, bear with me.

We got further good news today.  I was checking the 1940 federal census that just became available online.  Gerry and I actually were born where we thought and there is an official government record of that.  That is a load off my mind.

We went to Tucson McGraw's Cantina for dinner tonight and had fish and shrimp dinners.  The waitress talked me into ordering a pitcher of cold Blue Moon beer and we managed to finish it off.  We sat on the veranda and had an unusual patron sitting at the table next to us.  I threw him a piece of the orange from my Blue Moon beer, but he either didn't like the beer or oranges.  I think he was looking for a nice plump gecko.  

It's time to hit the hay and call it a night.  Hope all is well with you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment