Thursday, April 5, 2012

Things are moving fast

I wrote about Gerry's getting a tooth crown in one day earlier and now it is my turn.

No, not my tooth.  I went in to the eye doctor to have my left eye checked and as suspected, I have to go in for cataract eye surgery.  The Dr's office called today and there is a cancellation for April 11 and since I was the only person on the cancellation list, it was mine.  I have an 11am pre-op physical scheduled for today.   Now to pass the physical and get this show on the road.

The park is beginning to look like an evacuation order was given and we weren't notified.  We did hear an amusing story yesterday from Ron K.  He always parks his truck on the side of his camping spot well within his property line.  One day recently his neighbor parked so Ron couldn't park in his normal spot.  Ron asked him to move his vehicle so Ron could park.  No problem.  Yesterday when the guy left the park he put a nasty note on Ron's truck about him taking up two spaces you a&&h...  The guy was completely wrong, but waited until he left to say something.  You meet all kinds out here in the RVing world.

We stopped by Sweet Tomatoes yesterday for lunch after my eye dr appointment.  We've eaten there many times in the past and almost always enjoyed the food.  Yesterday wasn't one of those days.  The salad line was fine, but the side dishes were cold and tasteless.  Desert was fine also, but the sides ruined it for me.  We received the 10% discount and still paid $2.40 for a Dr. Pepper.  Ouch.

We arrived at the eye doctor for the pre-op exam a little late, but there wasn't a problem since they were later than we.  I hate to be late, but this morning sort of got away from us.  No problem with the exam and we finally got out of there and were on our way.

Costco was the next stop to fill the three prescriptions and after a 40 minute wait, they told me they could only fill two of them.  We had a choice of coming back on Friday for the prescription or going to another Costco.  Off we went to the new Costco off I-10 in south Tucson and luckily got there before they closed the Pharmacy for lunch.  That would have been a double kick in the pants.  They did hurry and fill the prescription and we got out of there quickly.

On to Montgomery's Bar & Grill for a lunner (borrowed that from my grandson Jared).  We had the whole restaurant to ourselves since the lunch hour was over.  It was like eating in our dining room and being served by a servant.  The meal was good and the beer was cold.   Life is good.


Now we are back at the motor home and it is hot.  We might have to turn the a/c on if the wind does die down.  Another cold beer sounds really good about now.

No comments:

Post a Comment