Thursday, April 12, 2012

Pirates & Costco

Well, it was inevitable.  I received comments and emails saying that I looked like a pirate and that I should have a black patch over my eye.  I should have asked the doctor if they had them in stock, but there were other things on my mind as they wheeled me into the operating room.  It would be nice to have people thinking of me as swash buckling.  Since this was my second cataract operation and I only have two eyes, I guess I missed my chance.

My post op exam went well today with only one surprise.  When the doctor called me back to an examining room, I met him in the hallway as he was going to check on another patient.  He stopped in mid stride and then reach back and grabbed the eye patch and ripped it off.  He did it so fast I didn't have a chance to react.  In any case, my vision in both eyes is the same and I am no longer a danger on the highway at night.

I needed another prescription and since the doctor appointment was so early, Costco wasn't open.  We headed to the Village Inn only to find it closed and for sale.  The was an old one off Grant Rd and I guess they didn't have the patronage of the other Village Inns.  We backtracked to an Ihop and had breakfast.  We shared a Colorado Omelette and three pancakes.  They do serve huge portions and it filled us both up.

On to Costco again since it was almost 10 am and they were open.  The Costco coupon book came out today and the place was a mob scene.  We head for the pharmacy and there was a line waiting to drop off prescriptions, so I knew it was going to be a long wait.  Yep, it took almost an hour and the clerks said it was the busiest they have been in months.  We finally got out of there and headed back to the motorhome.  By that time I was tired out and ready to take it easy.
Welcome Costco Shoppers, fill it up.
 The weather has cooled off considerably and they are calling for a high of 59 on Saturday and high winds on Friday.  When a cold front moves here that strong it usually means dangerous weather in tornado alley a few days later.  I hope this isn't the case with this cold front.  We shall see.

One of the comments yesterday was funny.  A poster said he didn't have a bike but wanted one to get it washed.  You have to read the previous day's post to understand it.  

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear your post op went well. We're in Iowa City, IA for the night. You might look up the Best Western in Corralville, IA. It's actually were we're staying and have stayed a couple times before.

    ReplyDelete