Sunday, August 24, 2014

Birthday TIme

How come birthdays seem to come around faster as you get older? I remember back in my pre-teen days my birthday never seemed to arrive on time. Now it has caught up to me and arrives too fast.

No, it isn't my birthday but it is the birthday of Larry Clark, Jr. I won't go into detail how old he is, but to Grant he is old. We wished we could have celebrated his birthday with him and had to settle for a phone call instead.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LARRY

I was trying to find a suitable picture of him for the event and this is the best one I could find. He was getting ready to leave Costa Rica after high school graduation and return to the USA and get ready for college. Keep in mind that he had to change planes in Miami and can you imagine the bells his looks set off with the Customs people? The only reason they let him in was his Diplomatic passport.

Larry Jr - 1991
We hope he had a great day celebrating with Jane and Grant.  He did say a movie was on tap as part of the day, so I hope it was a good one.

We finally got a whole day of sunshine up here at the cabin and hopefully it will dry out and the humidity will drop to a comfortable level. I have been having to empty the dehumidifier twice a day to keep it running. It's about time I save some of the water in gallon jugs to put into my batteries on the motor home. They work better on distilled water from what I hear.

Other than the above it has been slow days the past week or so. Nothing much exciting or even interesting going on other than Gerry slowly feeling a little better with her shingles.

Hope you all are enjoying nice summer weather wherever you are.

1 comment:

  1. Well, I tried to post a thank you note on the 24th, but apparently it did not make it into cyberspace. With that said, thank you for making my birthday celebration possible! Love, Jr

    ReplyDelete