Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Luncheon and Dentist visit

Gerry made arrangements to meet some of her high school classmates for lunch and it seems they didn't want me around.  So, I agreed to drop her off and pick up some parts I needed for the car and motorhome while she was at lunch.  That was the plan.

Ann Marie R called about the time we were leaving and said she was driving right past where we were staying and she wanted to see the motor home.  I explained about the luncheon and she said that would be fine and she would pick me up at the restaurant.  She had some errands in Litchfield and that worked for us.  It took a little while for the errands and then we drove back to the motor home.  She hadn't seen one as large as ours and was very interested in it.  She decided it was too large for husband Jim to drive and impossible for her, so she just looked.  We had a nice visit and then it was time to pick Gerry up from the luncheon.

I made an appointment with a local dentist to have a tooth filled at 2pm and we drove there and Gerry dropped me off to pick up some flowers for her parent's graves.  The dentist was on time and filled my tooth in record time.  It was an emergency visit, so he made fast work of the repair.  So far it is holding up and I hope I can make it to Tucson and have a final repair made.  Most likely it will involve getting another crown or two.  $$$$$ out the window.

We drove to the Mt. Olive cemetery where Gerry's parents are buried and placed the flowers on the large headstone.  It was difficult to secure it since the stone was so large and the flower arrangement hooks weren't wide enough.  Out came the vise grips and a quick repair was made and the flowers hooks should hold for a long time.

We drove to Gillespie and visited with my brother a while and then went out to dinner at a local diner.  Sheryl, Dave and Jeanie joined Dick and Sue along with us for dinner.  No political talk.  We had a nice time, but were exhausted and made it an early evening.

BTW:  I never did pick up the parts.

2 comments: