Tuesday, September 18, 2012

2016 Obama's America

Gerry and I went to see the movie 2016 yesterday since we've heard so much about it.  I sort of expected  a Michael Moore type slanted movie except for a different political party.  We were surprised.

Much of what was in the movie has been available news if you searched for it outside of the mainstream media, but the movie explained a lot of things much better than what I've seen before.  I am not a movie critic by any means, but I would highly recommend this movie to every American.  Go see it with an open mind and listen carefully.  There is a message there that everyone should hear before the elections.

I was surprised to learn the writer of the documentary was an immigrant from India who was born the same year as Obama, went to an Ivy League school the same time, graduated the same year, etc.  His conclusion about what Obama stands for was a revelation to me.

Go see the movie and form your own opinion. 

My high school classmates meet the 4th Thursday of each month at Toni's Restaurant in Benld, IL for a get together.  When I told Nancy J that I couldn't make the reunion in October, but would be here this week she organized a quick get together and 13 classmates showed up to join us for lunch.  I was very surprised at how many showed up and had a great time visiting with all of them.  We had a very unusual class in the almost everyone got along together and many have kept in touch over the years.  Thanks guys and gals, we had a great time seeing you all.

Gillespie High School 1957 Classmates
 

2 comments:

  1. Are you on the road to Branson yet?

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking the same thing since nothing on the blog but Gerry has Hermann MO so you must be safely on the road. Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete