Sunday, August 12, 2012

Mission Accomplished

Yesterday my blog featured peach pie and how delicious it is - was.  I received a number of emails and comments how good it looked and requests to share the pie.  That made me nervous thinking someone may come by and actually want me to share the pie.  Thank goodness I remedied that fear this evening.  See for yourself how long the pie lasted.


That's right, less than 24 hours and I am working on having Gerry prepare another one on Monday.  We will have to wait until Tuesday night to start on this one since we will have to be weighed at the doctor's office on Tuesday.  I can't wait!

We are finished trimming trees and cutting them down, so now we are moving the fire pit to burn the dead branches.  The old fire pit was located right next to the electrical wire from the cabin to the post next to the motorhome.  I don't think it would be such a good idea to continue to burn there and possibly melt the power line.  It is buried deep enough, but I don't want to take a chance.  We recovered all the large rocks and will finish the fire pit area on Monday.  There is always something to be done around a cabin.

Cassie, Jack, Lexa, Lexi & her two younger sisters dropped in unexpectedly this evening.  They had gone on a picnic at the Caledonia State Park a few miles from here and enjoyed their huge swimming pool.  It was a cool day up here and they almost froze after they got out of the pool.  They came into the cabin and asked for blankets and Lexa was wrapped up in a beach towel.  You would think they were cold or something like that.

I wanted to offer them some peach pie, but somebody had eaten all of it already.  I won't mention any names so as to protect the innocent.

Is everyone having withdrawal pains since the Olympics are over?  We didn't get to watch as much we would have liked, but did see a lot of it.  It was nice to see the US Mens basketball team win the Gold medal again.  It doesn't look good for the other teams since the US continues to produce excellent young players while the rest of the world's best teams have aging players that won't be able to compete in the next Olympics.

1 comment:

  1. I must tell you larry that I canned 12 quarts of deer mincemeat last year and took 3 of the jars too tucson last fall, wish I had know you liked mincemeat as i made 3 pies and had to eat most of them myself as hubby does not like mincemeat-- and we won't be in tucson this season, maybe nest year and I will bring you some.
    Have a great day.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete