Monday, August 20, 2012

Crafty Ladies




I thought I was finally going to get a break today and take it easy.  That was before Gerry, Barbara & Cassie decided to get together for a card craft day.  They had so much supplies, equipment and stuff that they couldn't fit it all into the cabin.  If  it would have fit in the cabin I would have been thrown out of the cabin.  So it was off to the motor home to do all the crafting stuff.

It was a rainy day once again so they mainly stayed out there and worked on the cards and things that crafty ladies do.  My job was to stay out of the way and not make any comments.  I did that very well.  They did make a mess out of the motor home with all the stuff all over the place.  The table became a craft table, the counter space was taken up with equipment and supplies were all over the place.  I even had to clear a chair to have a place to sit while I chatted with them.  
 They all three love their crafting and really enjoy getting together to work on the projects.  They do produce some really neat cards and other craft articles that people love to receive from them.   If Gerry and I ever move back into a real house I am certain that a large craft room will be high on the list of desirable things to consider.

While they were busy working on the cards, I was in the cabin cleaning up the mess from the weekend and then pressed into service as a chef.  I was out voted and had to prepare lunch for them so they wouldn't lose any valuable time.  Thank goodness we had a lot of leftovers and they didn't have to suffer with my cooking.  Or more importantly, I didn't have to suffer eating my cooking.

I thought my work was done for the day and settled into making phone calls and catching up on a computer project I am working on.  The next thing I know they are asking what I am going to prepare for dinner.  WHAT!!!  Democracies do have some weak points when you are in the minority.

This time I wasn't so lucky and actually had to work on grilling some hamburgers and hotdogs.  Throw in corn on the cob, a lettuce salad, 4 bean salad and other fixings and magically the meal was on the table.  I figure I am good for the next 6 months before I have to prepare two meals in a day.  

They came in, ate the food and disappeared into the night to work on some more cards.  I think I am going to sneak out there and make sure they aren't watching the Chippendales or something like that on the tv.

Now they are making plans to eat at a crab house on Tuesday.  Since I can't eat any seafood that has a shell, I guess it will be peanut butter and jelly for me.  That's alright, I didn't like to peel crabs when I could eat them, so it isn't a big loss for me.  

That was my day, how was yours?

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you lucked out. The cabin to yourself, your moneys still in your pocket and three beautiful women to share your meals with.

    ReplyDelete