Wednesday, December 30, 2015

What's Wrong With This Picture

I monitor weather in Gillespie, IL; Smithsburg, MD; Concord, NC; and Vail, AZ.  My brother and his family live in/near Gillespie, Barbara & Larry both live in Concord and Cassie lives in Smithsburg, MD.  We make the 2400 mile to come out to Vail to enjoy the warm winters and sun.  Well, we have the sun but the warm days/nights are avoiding us.  See picture below.


Typically this time of the year does have cold days and nights but we have been spoiled by warmer weather over the years.  It will be in the 60s during the day and possibly even 70 later this week.  We've even had a few snow flurries at times recently but nothing to even cover the car.  

When we were in Arlington, TX for Thanksgiving the 9+ inches of rain was very depressing and made it an adventure to drive around.  Plus no sun for days at a time didn't make the visit any better.  At least here we do have nice sunny days to cheer us up a little.

I like a little fresh air in the motorhome so I leave the window next to my chair open a little.  Last night I had forgotten about that and was wondering why it was so cool in my area.  This morning I found out why when the shades were open.  The window was still open and cold air was fighting with the furnace.  Closing the window made the battle more even and now it is toasty warm here.

 On and off I have been watching snips of the History Channel show about them trying to prove Hitler didn't die in his bunker, but had moved to South America.  Recently,  FBI documents were declassified and outlines their search for Hitler.  It seems that the general consensus was that he was transported by submarine to Argentina and lived there for a while and later lived in Brazil.  

At first I was skeptical to say the least, but now I'm not so sure.  He had a large group of followers with money that believed he would rise again and form the 4th Reich.  There were numerous prosperous German companies in those above countries and could have hid him easily.  They were unable to 100% prove he was there but many clues pointed to he was actually living there as late as 1948.  

As you have been able to figure out there isn't a lot going on around here when I write about the weather and documentaries.  We hope to get out and do some sightseeing soon so maybe something interesting will come up.

I hope you all had a Merry Christmas and are looking forward to a great New Year.  

1 comment:

  1. You seem to bring cold weather where ever you go. Don't come to Houston...please...lol

    Hitler is a fascinating, horrible man. I can seem him escaping.

    ReplyDelete