Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Pain Pills & PT

I started back on my physical therapy on Monday, exactly one week after the knee operation.  I am using Noonan Physical Therapy just like I did with the other knee replacement.  They did a great job on that knee and I didn't see any reason to change away from them.

The first therapy usually is one where they check your leg movement and overall flexibility and then plan the next therapy session based on the those results.  I came into the session in better shape than last time and had better results.  Hopefully I can recover quickly work my way out of these sessions.

One thing I do have to work on is my memory.  They poke and prod you and twist the knee into painful contortions and by not taking my two pain pills, I upped the level of pain I had to go through.  That won't happen again.

A common thread to the blogs I follow is the cold weather and overall lousy weather out there.  We've had a couple cold nights, but nothing really bad so far.  Way too cold to sit outside in shorts and a t-shirt, but ok compared to the rest of the nation.  The weather forecast for Wednesday calls for the high 60s during the day.  I'll take those temps all winter if we can get them.

Time for a late night coffee run to pick up my foo foo coffee.  It helps clear up my breathing passages and gives me an additional boost.

 

1 comment:

  1. When Jim had rehab after back surgery, he definitely remembered to take his pain pills. Keep up the hard work. I will sure be glad to see the 60's again and no wind. If I can just hang in there a couple of days I should get my wish.

    ReplyDelete