Saturday, December 14, 2013

Another slow day

I got hooked up to the CPM machine to exercie my leg and that took up almost 2 hours.  The biggest problem this morning was that I kept falling asleep in between setting the time for the start/finish segments.  I move the pressure up by 5 every 20 minutes and start at 80.  It doesn't take long to reach 110.  Sore, but not long.
  
Ron C was feeling a little under the weather so the "Boss" stopped by with the newspaperWe had a nice visit with her and the morning slipped by fairly quickly.  After Dee left we finished up some chores quickly and Gerry worked on the Christmas cards.

My chores for the afternoon were to watch some very good basketball games and a little of the Army-Navy football game.  I worked for the Navy 10 years and owe my allegiance to Navy; however, it is time for Army to step up their game and win one.  Sorry about that Darlene & Tom, but it would make for some interesting games rather than blowouts.

I called the family in Illinois to get an updated address for my niece, Sheryl.  She and her husband buy, fixup and sell houses constantly.  He is good at it and likes to work.   I think they move around more from house to house than we do from RV park to another.  A change of scenery makes life more interesting.

It was a good time to call since most of the nieces were together baking cookies at Vonda's house.  I even got a chance to talk with their supervisor ( my brother Dick ) and get filled in on what he's been up to.  Not much as it turns out.  I guess winters aren't a good time to be out and about.   They got 6 inches of snow back there in South Central Illinois and some cold weather to go with it.  Ouch!

Meanwhile, there was time to watch the Univ of MD play and almost lose to a bad team.  Arizona played Michigan in basketball and had to come from behind to pull it out.  Big difference between MD and UA in quality of basketball played by them.
.

1 comment:

  1. I lived in New Carrollton back in 81 or 82 when we got hit with a huge snow storm. Being from Montana I really didn't understand why I was the only one who made it into work that day. Then they shut down the Government and I had to go home. Lived in that area for 15 years and it never failed to amaze me that they just shut down.

    ReplyDelete