Saturday, December 7, 2013

I'm back home

Friday was the big day for me since that was my projected release date from the hospital.  I passed all the physical requirements along with the occupational ones and I am now a free man.  Well, as free as someone can be with a bum right knee and in a lot of pain.  Nothing I can't handle though.

Gerry picked me up at the hospital around 2pm and we came home after a short stop to drop off a prescription.  I have pain medicine that is still good and will use that first and then start on the new medicine when the old runs out. 

I am still on hospital time and wake up about every hour or so waiting to be prodded, woke up, vitals taken and the usual questions from the medical staff.  Anything to make you stay up longer for some reason.

I wanted to be home for the football games today and watch them on our 42 inch tv with great sound rather than deal with the tiny tv with terrible sound like the hospital tv.  Mission accomplished.

As you can imagine, I don't have anything interesting to write so I will cut this entry off before I ramble around like an old fool.  When/if I have something interesting to report on I will start blogging again.  Till then, thanks for all the well wishes, cards and emails regarding this time.

Got to "run along" for now.  See ya.

3 comments:

  1. Glad you are home. Hope all goes well. Glad we are not in IL, MO, or TX. What a mess!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to hear you're home and progressing as expected. I hate being in hospitals - so much nicer to be home even if you still feel lousy.

    ReplyDelete