Thursday, January 5, 2012

This and that

Yesterday was kind of a laid back, take it easy day.  We performed some needed chores around the MH and basically chilled out.  That is, if you can chill out in 80 degree weather.  We did go with Steve & Judy to the Village Inn restaurant for dinner and took advantage of the free pie Wednesday.  They have the best pies around and we try to take advantage of the free ones when we can.

Gerry had signed up on Fry's online coupon site and selected a number of items and put them on the list.  We stopped by Fry's to do some food shopping and take advantage of the 10% discount for all seniors on the first Wednesday of the month.  Between the coupons and discount we paid $16 for a $31 bill.  I just wish we had waited to buy some items and take more advantage of the discounts.

After Fry's we came back to the motor home and visited with Judy & Steve until after 10pm and had a good time.  I turned on the tv to see what the score of the Clemson - West Virginia Orange Bowl football game was.  Ouch!!   WV won 70-33 in a rout.  Double ouch!!  

The RV service tech and his wife helper came to the site today to fix a couple problems we've been having with the furnace ( didn't work), water (leak - not serious) and low fluid on the leveling jacks.  In the past I would have repaired these things myself but I didn't relish all the twisting and turning required to do the repairs.  He and his wife jumped right on the problems and knocked them out in short order.  It sure was easier to pay them than do it myself.

Gerry gave blood for the first time at the Rec Cross bloodmobile.  I hardly have enough blood for myself, so I stayed behind and waited for the repair people.  Good move on my part since they came while Gerry was gone and if I had signed up, we would have missed having the repairs completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment