Monday, January 2, 2012

1st baby of the year

Our good friend Ron K was born xx years ago on this day.  The first baby of the year.  We went out to dinner with Ron & Dee this afternoon at a local restaurant called Buddy's and had a very nice dinner.  We got there before happy hour was over and took advantage of the special prices.  Happy birthday Ron.  I hope I look as good when I get your age.  Sorry, I could not resist that.  



After the long hours of celebration on New Year's Eve we were moving slowly this morning and took it easy.  Gerry fixed a great breakfast of a ham omlette which is a special treat for me.  We don't usually eat that much for breakfast but wanted to start the new year in good fashion.

I always take advantage of the football games on the first day of the year to watch them and at the same time, back up my computer.  I run backups regularly during the year, but like to have it backed up on the first day of the year.  It took a number of hours to finish the backups and I still have some more work to perform on the system.  

It was a windy and warm day here in Tucson with the temps in the low 80s.  Great day to open all the windows and enjoy the fresh air blowing through the motor home.  It would have been a great day to hang around the pool and have a couple margaritas.

There was only one game on tv today that was worth watching and it was between the Giants & Cowboys.  Since they are in the same football conference as my Washington Redskins, I don't care for either team and would have like to see them both lose, but it wasn't to be.  In the end, I was glad to see the Giants eliminate the Cowboys from getting to the playoffs.  Now the real football season begins next Saturday and Sunday.  There should be some great games next weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Today I get to do some celebrating by working with some members of the Board of Directors to get things organized for the coming year.

    Our park may be managed by the Board, but it is operated through about 22 committees, and it's the committee thing we have to do today. Maybe I'll write a post about that? Nah, boring!

    ReplyDelete