Sunday, January 22, 2012

Another 0 fer day

Yes, that is right, a 0 for 2 day in sports.  The only team I really care for a little bit today, the San Francisco 49ers lost to the dreaded New York Giants in overtime.  A muffed punt setup the final score of the game with the Giants making a field goal.  Final score 20-17. 

The Giants lost two games this year to the Washington Redskins 28-14 and 23-10 and looked bad in both games.  The Skins lost to the Patriots 34-27 after leading for most of the game.  What does that say about the Skins?   I don't know!

The New England Patriots beat the Baltimore Raven 23-20 and I was hoping both teams would lose.  Since that wasn't possible, I would have preferred the Ravens to win since we are from Maryland.  It was painful to actually root for them, but I can't watch a game without pulling for one team or the other.   There will be no joy in mudville tonight.

This was a slow day for us with watching football and taking it easy.  We were worn out from last week and needed a day of rest.

It was very dusty in the area today.  There have been strong winds west of Tucson for the past couple days and I guess the dust is heading our way.  The mountains south of us are usually very clearly seen and this morning they weren't even visible.  As the day wore on they came back into view, but were still hazy.  I'm glad we weren't out in the dust geocaching or we would be miserable by now.

I ran out of space for photos on the blog and had to either delete pictures or buy more space.  I checked into purchasing more space and got 20G additional space for $5.00 a year.  I felt that was a bargain and jumped at it.  Now I just have to take some pictures worth posting on the blog.

For many years we spent Jan-April in the Florida Keys and loved it.  Now my niece Jeanie and her husband Curt have discovered how nice it is down there.  They have rented a place in Islamorada, FL and are staying there for the month of January.  She sent me a picture today that makes me very jealous and envious.  They went to the No Name Pub on No Name Key and loved it.  There was an hour long wait and they decided it would be worth it.  Check them out.  

The Pub was one of our favorite places to go down there, but you had to get there very early to beat the rush at dinner time.  They have very limited seating and on weekends there always was a crowd.  During the week wasn't much better getting seated there.

1 comment:

  1. All I know is the Skins beat a Super Bowl team...twice. I'm willing to overlook the Panthers beating the Skins, only because their quarterback is pretty amazing.

    ReplyDelete