Friday, December 2, 2011

Watching the weather & Tiger Direct

We had planned on departing Arlington, TX on Monday and head west on I-20 toward El Paso, TX.   The weather forecast has me thinking that might not be a good idea.  They are calling for ice pellets and cold weather along the way.  I am not sure what ice pellets are, but I don't think it is a good thing to be in driving a motor home.  We will have to keep a close watch on the weather to see what develops in the next couple days.

I was talking to my brother who is in Amarillo this afternoon heading for Las Vegas, NV and he has some bad weather ahead of him.  I-40 has ice on spots, snow in others and bad weather advisories in other places in New Mexico and Arizona.  It is going to be dicey for him traveling in that weather.  Hope he stays safe and pulls off the road if it gets too bad.  A tractor trailer truck with 48,000 lbs on the trailer isn't that good of a snowmobile.

Gerry and Judy went shopping this morning and we met for lunch and they continued shopping after that.  It is now 5pm and they are still out shopping.  I gave her an extra $5 to spend this morning and I think it may be gone along with a few more $5 bills.  I am almost afraid to see what this little shopping trip is going to cost me.  

Herb and I went shopping at Compuserve USA which is part of Tiger Direct and I picked up a USB docking station for my PC.  It will read either 2.5" or 3.5" hard drives and I have one of each with me.  They both came from PCs and I tried to buy a case for each to make them external drives, but the cost of the cases was more expensive than the docking station.  I tried it out and it worked like a charm.  My friend Mann bought one last spring and I tried his out on my computer and was impressed how well it worked.

It sounds like our friends in Tucson are having some bad weather with wind, rain and cold weather.  I guess it isn't that important to get there to join them in those conditions.  I checked the road conditions on the New Mexico DOT and they had an advisory for I-10 around Lordsburg, NM.  Ouch!   We have to travel that road in a few days and I hope the bad weather doesn't linger in the area.

No comments:

Post a Comment