Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Day of Rest

It doesn't seem possible that Christmas is over already.  We were so busy getting out here and getting setup that it snuck up on us and was over before we realized it.  We have been staying at this park for 6 years and have spent Christmas here each year, but it didn't seem like a real Christmas this year.  I don't know if it was the weather, the hurry up and rush or what, but it was different.

We were tired of not getting out much so we went for a drive this afternoon.  We drove through some new neighborhoods and were amazed to see so many new homes being built, while at the same time others aren't selling and are being foreclosed.  There are still a lot of bank owned or foreclosed homes in the Tucson area and there are some great buys out there.  It sure is tempting.

I wanted to check out an area with some new geo caches that were placed on 11-11-11 and there were 11 caches in a large rectangle area.  We drove down a dirt road for about 4 miles and it steadily got rougher and narrower until we decided to turn around and head back.  The area was better suited for a 4-wheel drive vehicle and not so good for our Saturn Vue.  I'm not so sure that it would have been a good idea to search for the caches even if we could have gotten to them due to the remoteness of them.  Maybe another time.

It sure was nice to get outside and enjoy the sunshine and fresh air.  It was up around 65 and a nice day with no wind at all.  The forecast is for really nice weather by Wednesday and even nicer for the days following that.  Now that is the kind of weather we have been waiting for.

I had an amusing run in with some guy today at the grocery store.  He was buying some bagels just ahead of me and started yakking about the bagels at Fry's grocery store and how good they were.  They weren't as dry as others in the area and he was an expert on bagels since he was from New York.  I knew I was in for a long lecture on bagels, organic food and politics from the git go.  He was friendly and not a problem, but he did hold me up from getting my bagels and I finally had to nudge him out of the way so I could pick out mine.  All in all, I found it very amusing how fast he talked and with such wisdom and authority.  

I watched Drew Brees, the QB of the New Orleans Saints break Dan Marino's total passing yardage record for a season this evening.  His final pass of the evening was for 9 yards and a touchdown and it set the record.  It was a good game for 2 1/2 quarters and then became a rout for the Saints.  I am looking forward to them playing the Green Bay Packers in the playoffs this year.  It should be a great offensive game for both teams.

No comments:

Post a Comment