Wednesday, December 28, 2011

LazyDays and Coyotes

Today was sewing, quilting day for Gerry and she got there late, but they didn't dock her any salary.  The park ladies meet every Tuesday morning at 1030 AM to do what they do quilting.  As you may have guessed, I don't have a clue what they actually do there, but it keeps them out of trouble.

I had ordered some parts for the motorhome from LazyDays and they called to tell me they were here.  Ron and I went up there to pick up the parts and see the new parts center.  They have a small room with a lot of RV products like water hoses, sewer pipes, etc.  They aren't nearly as complete as the Camping World nearby, but handy if you are there for something else and don't want to bother going to CW.  The lady running the parts center there was very friendly and helpful and seemed to enjoy her job and giving good service.  Great!

Ron and I then went to Costco to pick up a few items for him and he walked up and down the aisles checking out the place.  I got my items and then checked out while he looked around some more.  

We got back to the park in time to pick up Gerry at the rec center and help her bring all her sewing stuff back to the MH.  She said they had a nice turnout there and she had a good time.

Cousin Al called to tell me that the coyotes were right outside the door to his 5th wheel at the Pima County Fairgrounds.  He was taking some photographs and if I can get a copy of them, I will include them in this blog.  ** Note, these are Al's photos **  I think the coyotes smell their cats and are grocery shopping.  They do love their cat treats.

Steve and Judy came by and we planned a trip to Douglas and Gleeson, AZ for Thursday.  We will stop in Sierra Vista at the Farmers Market and then continue on to Douglas.  Douglas is an old mining town on the US/Mexico border that mined ore from 1900-1980.  The town is hanging on and we want to see what it looks like.  The famous Slaughter Ranch of 100000 acres was in this area and the house is still there about 15 miles east of Douglas.  

Gleeson is a ghost town or nearly a ghost town and is on the way back so we will swing by there and see what is left.  It will be about a 220 mile roundtrip but that isn't so far out here in the open spaces.

We picked Thursday since the next week or so the temps will be in the 70s, sunny and clear.  Perfect weather to see the countryside around here.

2 comments:

  1. You'll be within hailing distance of us when you turn down 90 to get to Sierra Vista. Beep your horn and we'll wave!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure do wish I were enjoying Arizona in the winters! The timing is not there yet for me, but in the meantime I'm reading your blog about it. Thanks for the great posts.
    --Jool

    ReplyDelete