Tuesday, September 24, 2013

The End of this subject

The Endoscopy Surgery Center called me at 7:00am on Monday and asked if I could come in earlier than my 1:45pm appointment for the surgery.  They wanted me there by 12:15pm and I hadn't started on drinking the medicine and fluids as of then.  I thought, what the heck, lets get this over and agreed to the new time.  By the time I got out of bed and started on drinking the 48 ounces of fluid I only had about 30 minutes to down it all.  It's amazing what you can do if you set your mind to it.  I finished at 8:15am and was good to go.

I won't go into any more details, except to say they called me again and wanted me there even earlier.  Since we were on the road and still 25 minutes away, there wasn't much I could do about getting there any earlier.  I made it 15 minutes early and then spent the time filling out more forms.  Thankfully, they had most of my information and it only took 10 minutes.  

I no more sat down when the door opened and they asked me to come back to the prep area.  As I was trying to get in, a woman came walking out and she looked like a zombie.  I thought she'd gone through the procedure and sure didn't look too good, but no, she was there "helping" someone else.  I am glad she wasn't helping me

Once I got settled in, they brought a woman in to the space next to me and since there was only a curtain separating us, I could hear everything going on.  When the bells and whistles starting going off there I was wondering what was going on.  Evidently she was in some sort of heart palpitation problem so they called 911 for her transport to the ER at the hospital next door.  Wow, two events and they hadn't even gotten to me.

I am happy to say that my procedure went off fine and everything is good to go.  Nothing bad was found and I am good to go for the next 5 years.  I did receive more birthday wishes yesterday than ever before since each nurse asked me my name and birthdate.  They were all surprised to see me getting the procedure done on my birthday, but I told them Gerry had arranged everything for me.  Hummm, should I be worried?

After the above, everything was normal and Gerry drove us back to the cabin and we watched a movie that I received for free for my birthday from Redbox.  Just another day on the mountain.

Our friend Dee had her cataract surgery on Monday as well and came through it with flying colors.  Now see will be able to see the big C on the helmets of her beloved Chicago Bears football team.  She should enjoy seeing them that much more now. 

Seems like everyone is getting ready to head out to Tucson by getting parts repaired on these old bodies.

That was our day, how was yours?


  1. So good to have that "behind" you. And with good results. Now get ready to get out of there.

  2. Just because you're miles away and we won't see you for awhile doesn't mean I'll forget the "C" comment. For all who reads Larry's blogs, I don't care for football AND my husband is a share holder of the Green Bay Packers.
    I guess since he's gotten so much older than me, I should forgive him this time. LOL. See you and Gerry and Tucson.

  3. Hi Dad! It did sound like a crazy day to pick for your "special visit", however, with the 'end' results, I guess it was the best present a guy could get!
    So glad you and Mom are cleared, so get in gear and get down here to visit one last time this year! you're welcome to stay this way, but our winters are (usually) a bit harsher than Tucson's.

  4. sorry we nissed you and Gerry. We stayed in Carlisle Pa. on Tuesday night. Here in cookville tnn tonight. see you in Tucson and so glad your test came out just fine.