Thursday, September 19, 2013

America's Got Talent TV show

I was thinking of auditioning for the tv show America's Got Talent and two things held me back.  The $1,000,000 first prize is paid out over 40 years and it's highly unlikely I could collect all the yearly amounts.  The 2nd reason is that I don't have any talent to qualify in the first place.  

Gerry and I only get NBC on tv up here at the cabin since we can't get Dish, Directv or any other service.  No cable company is in the area so we only get free over the air tv and NBC is the only station beamed up here.  Talk about being deprived of entertainment.

So, we watched America's Got Talent (AGT) the last couple nights and caught the season finale.  I will be the first to admit I don't care for the show and would rather watch old reruns of I Love Lucy rather than AGT.  I do have a few observations about the show and thought I'd share them with you.

The producer of the show is English, 3 of the 4 judges were born in foreign countries, ( Canada, England & Germany), the MC is an American and the eventual winner of the show was Japanese.  So, two Americans and all the others were foreigners.  What does that say about the talent in the U.S.A?  I guess I am really out of touch with the people who do watch the show and actually vote for the winner.  Of the 6 finalists, I would have voted almost in the reverse order than the final vote.  WOW!

I realize it is just a TV show, but I found it funny the actual Americans were in such minority on the program.  Sure, they had thousands audition for spots and most likely Americans were in the majority there.  Are we so devoid of talent in the U.S.A that something like this happens?  I guess so.

The actual winner was very creative and used computers and holograms to sync with him as he danced and went through his routine.  He was very good at what he did, but I wonder if he can carry a show night after night.  One of the prizes is that the winner gets to perform at Las Vegas and then tour for a year.

The lighting for a number of the performers was blinding with laser beams, rapidly changing lights and action galore.  The Radio City Rockettes performed and it was difficult to actually see the performers due to the lighting.    

I don't have anything against foreign entertainers and lived overseas in two countries for 10 years.  I seriously doubt any other country would produce a show like this and use foreign talent and judges.  What do you think?   Or for that matter, does anyone even care?

After writing the above, Gerry and I went outside and moved one of the piles of wood chips to a different area so they could decompose away from the cabin.  It took over 20 wheelbarrow loade to move the chips from that one stump.  The loads were light, but there were more than I expected.  The chips from one other stump needs to be moved, while the other stumps aren't close to the cabin and we will let them decompose where they are.     

It was 40F this morning and quite nippy.  The acorns have started falling on the motorhome and cabin in earnest today.  It has been a constant barrage of them and sounds like a war out there.  Fall has arrived here on the mountain and the leaves have started to change a little already.  It should be very pretty by the time we head out of here next week if the temps stay low at night.

Here is a photo from 2011 taken the 1st of October showing what we will be leaving behind as we head down the road.



See what happens when it is a slow day around here.  BTW;  I didn't like I Love Lucy that much either.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment