Sunday, September 22, 2013

Friends on the move

Our friends Linda & Sherwin from Maine are leaving in the next couple days and will be passing about 15 miles from our cabin.  I know Sherwin gets behind the wheel and doesn't like to stop for anything and wants to continue driving.  However, since there is a nice Perkins restaurant in Chambersburg, PA right off of I-81 and US 30 East, hopefully he will take the time to have lunch or dinner on their trek west.

I go in for a colonoscopy on Monday, September 23, 2013 which will also be my 74th birthday.  Gerry said she had something special planned for my birthday this year and she exceeded my expectations.  Wow, what a present.  

My good friend Mann sent me an early birthday card and I thought I'd share it with you all.



This procedure will delay us leaving by a few days and we still hope to be out of here later this week or possibly Monday of next week.  We did have a problem with a camping spot in Charolotte due to the NASCAR race, but the campground manager said he would fit us in at our regular rate, so we don't have to rush down there.  That should make life a little more pleasant for us getting out of here.

In the meantime, Gerry is fighting a cold and seems to be on the mend a little this morning.  Not to be outdone, I pulled a neck muscle and have been in a lot of pain.  I can't take pain medication due to the colonoscopy, so it is a little touchy right now.  These golden years do have little bumps in them at times.

Now I will sit around and think about food all day since I can only have jello until after the procedure.  A nice steak and a baked potato with sour cream vision is dancing around in my mind.  I hope I don't starve in the next couple days.  Luckily I have stored some muscle (fat) and should make it through this ordeal.  

  

3 comments:

  1. Got my colonoscopy done earlier this year. So glad to have that over with for a few years. Gerry really did go all out for your birthday didn't she? Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot to tell you - you and Jim are the same age - he turned 74 on the 8th.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sure know how to celebrate a .birthday. Already done with my procedure this m orning hope yours goes as well.

    ReplyDelete