Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Lazydays delivers the bus

We got up at 5:30am today in order to get to a doctor appointment in Tarpon Springs at 8:00am.  The scheduler made it very clear that they didn't want me to be late and strongly urged me to be on time.  We actually got there around 7:20am and stopped at a Bob Evans for breakfast.  There weren't any customers to speak of and we got excellent service and were out of there in time to make the appointment.  That was when it started to go down hill.

Once we got there and filled out the 20 pages of forms and entered my name and other information about 8 times, we settled in for my turn to see the doctor.  Evidently the doctor requires me to be on time, but he doesn't practice what he preaches.  I finally got out of the doctors office around 10:30am with both eyes dilated.  

In short, he said I was doing well and didn't have a detached retina.  That was what I wanted to hear.  It seems a number of people have the lightening flashes in their eyes and they do go away over time.  I have to see a doctor when we get home to make sure it doesn't get any worse.  Well, there went our morning.

Lazydays called to say the motorhome was ready and to bring our old MH over to the check in and transfer area.  We had some minor things to do and had lunch before we left the campground.  The guy who does the pre delivery inspection (PDI) showed up quickly and went over all the features of the MH.  Our first PDI on our 1995 MH took about 15 minutes and we were out of there.  This PDI took about 3 hours and we still don't understand how all this stuff works.  I do know how to drive it, so that is the most important thing.

We started transferring our stuff to the new MH and stopped about 8pm since we were worn out.  There is a big dent in the transfer and we hope to finish up by Saturday morning.  Hope is the key word.  It is unbelievable the amount of stuff we had in the Southwind MH and now we are trying to find places for all the valuables.  

The motorhome has a computer installed in the dash, along with a GPS and super backup cameras with side cameras.  I was checking it out tonight and Gerry snuck up on me and took a picture.  The computer has a Celeron CPU and a 40gig harddrive.  It's hard to believe that it is only 4 years old and is so underpowered.  It does give me something to play with.



Yes, Judy the sun was up at 6am.  What a horrible sight for my sore eyes.

Linda, we aren't morning people and if we are up that early, there is a problem.  

1 comment:

  1. so glad too hear your eyes are all okay. You will do great on your driving test, just relax.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete