Sunday, October 16, 2011

Football & Baseball

We went to Cassie & Jack's house for a chili dinner today.  Tom & Darlene drove up from their home in the Annapolis area to see us one more time before we leave for the winter.  The last time they came up they went home in a terrible rainstorm, but lucked out this time.  It was great visiting with them since we don't get together that often since they are so far away.

Gerry made up a batch of mild chili and Cassie made a batch of hot stuff.  I can't handle the hot chile so we worked out a great compromise.  When we mixed the two chili's in a bowl we had three varieties.  I don't know about the other two, but my mild chili was great and I had two bowls of it.  Great food for a fall day.

This wasn't a good weekend for the sports teams I follow.  First off, my old high school has been having a good year and doing pretty well for them.  They played the best team in their conference and lost on Friday night, 21-7.   Then the Univ of MD scored 45 points on Saturday and lost 56-45.  That sound more like a basketball score.  Finally on Sunday the Redskins stunk up the place for the first half and then played decently in the 2nd half and wound up losing 20-13 to the Eagles.

The only bright spot was that the St. Louis Cardinal baseball team beat the Brewers and will move on to play the Texas Rangers in the World Series.  The Cards aren't my team, but since I grew up listening to them on the radio, I root for them whenever the Pirates aren't playing them.  So, it looks like west of the Mississippi river teams will be playing for the title.   At least the Yankees aren't in it and for me that is good thing.

I like to watch the football games but today I could have skipped them since it was so nice outside.  It was cool and very windy, but the sun was shining and fall is definitely in the air.  Getting to be late fall very fast.

We topped off the night by stopping by Rutters for some of their delicious coffee.  We are getting to be regulars at that place.  They have a rewards card available and we will get one for next year since we stop so often.  Maybe we should get one for the year and at least take advantage of it for the remaining time we are here.

No comments:

Post a Comment