Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Are we in Oregon?

We've had very nice weather lately and it was a welcome sight after all those rainy gloomy days.  I imagine the weather then was like they have in Oregon a lot of times from the postings I have seen on Oregon.  Today was our turn to experience more Oregon weather when thick fog moved in overnight.  It is almost noon and the fog is still here at the cabin.  Not good. 


When I was taking my shower today and drying off, I hit the "buttress" that was holding the skin graft down on my nose.  I call it my yellow button, but whatever the name is it came loose from my nose.  Keep in mind that this is stitched on and should not have come loose.  We made a quick call to the doctor and he said to come on in and have it checked.  I hope it isn't another setback for us getting out of here.  The doctor did say over the phone that the buttress is only needed for the first 3 or 4 days, so that may be a good sign.  We shall know by 2pm today.  More to follow.  We just returned from the doctor and he said no damage had been done and the graft was healing nicely.  It looked good from a graft point of view, but not great from a looks point of view.  Hummmmm ---- maybe I will have lost my long term run from being handsome.  Shudder!!!


We watched a good movie yesterday called RED and it starred Bruce Willis, Morgan Freeman, Helen Mirren, & John Malkovich.  It was a comedy/drama/action movie and was very entertaining so much we may rent it again to see some of the action we missed.  I thought it was going to be a story about Russian spies and the communist party.  Wrong!  

The fog has really settled in on the mountain and actually seems to be worse as the day wears on.  Between the fog and rain this won't go down as a great day up here.  I imagine the leaves will really begin to turn and fall quickly if this weather continues for a few days.  It looks rather stark up here without leaves on the trees and will continue to do so until the first snow fall.  By then we hope to be long gone from here and heading for warmer and dryer weather. 

1 comment:

  1. Glad your graft is doing OK. I understand about the weather. When the sun isn't out these eyes don't shine.

    ReplyDelete