Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Good News Today

As my few loyal readers have noted, I haven't been blogging much lately.  There hasn't been a lot going on that was blog worthy except for a few things which I will write about in a few days.

We are parked in our son's driveway now since the campgrounds were full when we arrived a couple weeks ago.  There were special events happening in the area, which we didn't realize.  Since we didn't have reservations, we had to go to Plan B.  It's worked out pretty well staying here since we have water and electric to the motor home.  I have to take the MH to a campground on Wednesday to dump the black tank and then return to the driveway.  Our son likes to tell us he and his wife bought this particular home because of the long, flat driveway so we would be able to park here.

The reason I haven't been blogging is that my brother and daughter Cassie have both been having health issues.  My brother went through an 11 hour operation recently and due to the seriousness of the operation we all were worried.  He came through with flying colors and is now recuperating and waiting to start radiation treatments soon.  That was a huge relief when we received the news.

We were sitting on pins and needles waiting to see if either or both of them needed us to come and help them.  My brother is in the good hands of his children and Gerry wanted to make sure all was clear with Cassie before we made any long term plans.
 
Cassie had a problem and had a biopsy last week.  There was a lot of concern about it being cancerous and she finally got the results today.  It isn't cancer and not life threatening so they will take care of it after Thanksgiving.
 
We were so happy to hear she is fine.  We went back last week for the biopsy procedure and spent a few days with her and her family.  I've been having allergy and sinus problems so we returned to NC.  

I had a lot of visitors from Russia and China viewing the blog recently.  Most likely it's people trying to hack my blog, but I can't imagine what good it would do for them to do that.  No financial data is there and since it is a family and friends blog, they would be bored to read it.  Go figure.

Happy Veterans day to all those who served.  It was also the Marine Corp birthday celebration.  We always enjoyed attending the Marine Corp ball when I was in the Foreign Service overseas.  Semper Fi.

That's a little of what we have been up to recently.  

5 comments:

  1. So good to read all the good news about your relatives. I am sure everyone is so happy for the good news about cancer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was good news! So glad for you all. Beginning to get worried when you were so long on the blog but I can't gripe, I guess. I have been fighting the allergies. Take so many dry up pills and some nyquil and it goes away in about 3 days then I quit everything and it is back in about 3 days. Fighting it right now. Guess will have to keep taking the pills less but not stop. yuk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so very happy to hear that your brother is doing well after an eleven hour surgery. That really is hard on everyone but I think it's especially hard on those in the waiting room. And great news for your daughter. Such scary times. I can teach you my happy dance the next time we meet up. I do it every time we see the oncologist and he says all is good. Got that one coming up the 1st of December. Good to hear from you and your allergies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was very thankful I had you both there for my biopsy. And thankful that my hubby and daughter were there for the results. I did not want to deal with a third bout of cancer, not that anyone wants to!!! We've had enough of that word floating around our family. Love you Dad

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to hear your family has gotten good news. will be glad to see you both. I do miss the blog but understand you not posting lately, i do check every day. dee and i talked about you both at sewing. See you soon.... Stay healthy.

    ReplyDelete