Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Kolob Canyons, Zion National Park, Utah

We had intended to drive into Zion National Park but heard how long the lines were to enter and decided to skip it this time.  We've been there a couple times in the past and didn't want to fight all the other tourists.  

So, we went to another canyon today and loved it.  It is much smaller and less congested and just as spectacular.  Once again my description of the canyons can't do it justice so I will let our photos show you.






Panorama view

Here's looking at you.


Iron and water stained wall

Snow at the upper level

View from the valley floor west of the Canyon

Looks a little shaky to me.


Think I will buy some of that 35.9 cent gas

Who you looking at?
 We went geocaching after the trip up the canyon and picked up 15 geocaches along a dirt road.  Included in the caches were two earth caches that expose you to geological areas and you have to answer questions about what you saw.

We had a great day and thoroughly enjoyed the drive through the canyon with all the beautiful views.  It even rained while we were there and that only made it more special.  It was 50 degrees at the top of the canyon and a little chilly for us.  

I hope you all had a nice day like we had.

3 comments:

  1. We never visited Kobol Canyons. What a lovely area! Sometimes there is so much beauty off the beaten path. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I entered Kobol Canyons when it is actually Kolob Canyons. I guess my old programming days using Cobol came back to haunt me. Check it out if you are ever in the area, especially if you like to hike.

      Delete