Sunday, November 17, 2013

Sunsets & Myths

We spent the day watching some football and then decided to go for a bike ride.  We had both of our bikes worked on last week and had some pieces replaced, new bike seats (old ones destroyed by hail) and an overall tuneup.  Today was the time to see if all the money spent on the bikes was well spent and if they would be ready for the road again.  They were, but I am so out of shape that it will take some time to build up my leg strength again.  I only have two weeks, so it will be close whether it will work out in time.

Getting ready for the Tour de CCRV
 We rode around the park a bit and Gerry managed to capture some nice sunset pictures.



Our son-in-law Henry has worked in the food service industry for a number of years and for many of those years his company made fruit cakes.  There was a story going around that there were only fifty fruit cakes in the whole of the U.S. and they were regifted every year.  I finally was able to disprove this theory when I was in Sam's Club.  They had a pallet of Claxton Fruit Cakes for sale and when I went back a day later, the pallet was still there and full of fruit cakes.  I picked one off the pallet and put it in the shopping cart.


An old neighbor of ours was from Claxton, Georgia and bragged on these fruit cakes for many years.  In reality, Gerry loves these fruit cakes and looks forward each Christmas season to buy one.

The new TV is working fine and I think we are keeping it.  Not positive, but it's looking that way more and more.  I will have to cut a couple inches from the brace and lower the tv, but it will be workable.  Just another task to put in the job jar and have it finished in the next two weeks, or ---. 

1 comment: