Friday, November 8, 2013

Cattle Baron Steakhouse and Wind

I know the first question will be, "what does wind have to do with steaks?"   The short and to the point answer is: "nothing".  It has more to do with driving a RV west of the Mississippi and checking what the driving conditions are.  Most RVers have the emergency weather radio, check the internet and tv for weather forecasts, etc.  One issue the above options don't cover very well is wind speed.  

I ran across a neat internet site that shows the wind speeds and direction for the whole of the United States on one page.  You can find the utility at:  Wind  Check it out, it's neat.

Another neat webpage is Google Maps and is very handy when you arrive in an area you don't know very well and want to look for a place such as restaurants, gas station, churches, movie theaters, stained glass centers, fishing tackle, etc.  It knows where you are located by the ISP address your computer is using.  Not "Big Brother watching you", but more like "Big Business watching you".  Most smartphones can do the same thing, but not everyone has a smartphone.  Google Maps   Follow the directions and check out the little boxes in the lower right corner of the page.

We have been taking care of little chores around the motorhome today so we will be ready to hit the road running when we get to Tucson.  It is only about 3.5 weeks until I go under the knife again to have my right knee joint replaced this time.  Then I will have matching knee joints again.  Since I know what is ahead for me, I am not really looking forward to it, but I know in the long run it will be best for me.  Wish me luck.

The meal at Cattle Baron restaurant was great, except that Gerry had to have her first steak returned since it was too well done.  She hesitated, but for the price it should be the way she ordered it.  The waiter picked it up and expedited her next steak that was perfect.  All is well that ends well.

Once again I ordered a catfish dinner that was very good and the baked potato was also very tasty.  The salad bar was superb and had fresh lettuce, cheeses, and all the other fixings were also fresh.  I tend to eat a lot of salad and almost filled up on it, but I did leave room for the catfish and dessert.

We both enjoyed our meals and would recommend the Cattle Baron to anyone passing through Las Cruces.

That was our day, how was yours?

 
"How can I ever thank you?" gushed a woman to Clarence Darrow, after he had solved her legal troubles."My dear woman," Darrow replied, "ever since the Phoenicians invented money there has been only one answer to that question."

3 comments:

  1. Okay I bookmarked both of those sites. I especially love that wind page. I will always send my steak back if it is overcooked. It's my money and I think especially at a steak house it should be done correctly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you're going ahead quickly "under the knife"! Get it behind you and enjoy the rest of your time there! I pray that it will be a worry free surgery, speedy recovery and PT hurts just enough to make you get back your full range of motion! Love you!! PS dinner sounds like it was yummy in the long run.

    ReplyDelete