Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Birthday Lunch with Ron & Dee

This was coffee and donuts day at the park and we went up for the freebies.  There is a lucky buck drawing where people buy tickets for a dollar and then put the tickets into a bucket.  Ron C was selected to draw out the winning number and managed to draw his own number and won $33.  What a way to start your birthday celebration.  Way to go Ron.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RON!

Gerry joined the sewing club group for their usual Tuesday sewing session.  Since she had to take her sewing machine, I gave her a ride to the clubhouse.  Then we set it up for her to call me to pick her up after the sewing session.  For some reason our ATT phone didn't ring even though she called me 4 times.  When it finally did ring I picked her up and she wanted to know what happened.  We tested the phone and it didn't ring when she called it twice.  We finally changed it over to "outdoor setting" and it worked.  Go figure.

We joined Ron & Dee C for a late lunch at the Red Robin restaurant in Tucson Mall.  It is the only Red Robin in Tucson and Gerry and I didn't even know it was there.  We all had a very nice meal and left full to the gills.  The only downer was a woman in a booth behind us with a young child who screamed and carried on for the longest time.  Since I don't hear that well, it didn't bother me at all.  

After the late lunch and sitting around chatting at the restaurant we came home in rush hour traffic.  I must admit, after fighting Washington, DC rush hour for 25 years, the traffic on I-10 wasn't that bad.  As long as there isn't an accident, the traffic moves smoothly.

When we got back to the motorhome I managed to make it to my easy chair and take a nap.  I had to get ready for watching tv in the evening.  Job accomplished.

I talked to my brother in Illinois to tell him about a cousin of ours and how close the tornado came to him.  The cousin lives in Washington, IL and they were at ground zero.  When I told brother about the tornado he said he knew about it and was right in there with the bad weather.  He picked Sunday to deliver a lathe to Mason City, IL which was right in the path of destruction.  He managed to unload the lathe and then found shelter from the terrible wind, rain and hail.  He said he could hardly keep the pickup on the road it was so strong.  Scary!

We just finished watching "Person Of Interest" on tv and Gerry is upset about what happened on this episode.  They had put out teasers about one of the main cast members not making it through tonight.  The ending wasn't what she expected and it made her upset.

That was our day, how was yours?  Hope it was a great one for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment