Today was very wet and windy all day. The weather forecast was spot on and they had a warning for high profile vehicles to avoid travel. We heeded that warning, but not without a little controversy. The campground manager called us this morning and asked why we hadn't checked out since our work was finished. Well, we hadn't completed the process since we disputed some of the charges and the manager had to check with his staff to see if we had a case. Evidently we did, since he removed the issues in question from the bill and we settled up our account.
It was almost noon by the time all that came about and I mentioned to the supervisor that I wasn't leaving and driving in 25-35mph winds with gusts up to 40mph. I asked him to ok another day at the campground. He agreed that it wouldn't have been a good idea to be out on the road in bad weather and called over to the campground staff allowing us to stay another day. It was a good thing since we would have been heading into some rough weather and I really didn't want to deal with it.
We took the opportunity to finish some odd jobs inside the motorhome and get ready for an early morning departure. Our next planned stop is past Little Rock, AR. Since we spent so much time here in Red Bay, we will have to speed up and put some miles on the motorhome to get to Tucson in time to finish some tasks that have to be done there.
It's almost 9pm and the wind has eased up somewhat as has the rain. Hopefully, we won't be rocking and rolling tonight and can get a good night sleep.