Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Happy Birthday & Anniversary

Things have been a little hectic around here the last week or so and I haven't had time or energy to publish my blog, but we are still here.  Today was a catch our breath day and I had time to get a blog out.

Gerry's cousin, "Joanie" had a birthday on Aug 5, but I'm not allowed to say which big day it was.  I don't think she would mind since she has held up so well over the years.  I was looking for a recent photo and this is the only one I could come with.  It looks like she is teaching a class or has gone back to school to finish her diploma.  No, she didn't go to school in 1834 as the lesson shows in the picture.


H A P P Y  B I R T H D A Y
Joanie

Today is also the wedding anniversary for Barbara & Henry.  When we learned I was being assigned overseas we "forced" Henry to marry our daughter before we left since we wouldn't be able to come back for their planned date the next spring.  It worked out fine, so I guess it wasn't so bad for him.  At least he doesn't complain about it.

H A P P Y  A N N I V E R S A R Y
Barbara & Henry

Then, 1982

Now, 2013  
We hope you two had a great day and an even better year coming up.  She looks great for being a grandmother and Henry still looks like he is in his 20s.  Some people have all the luck. 

 
  

3 comments:

  1. She's a grandmother???? Can't be. I'm sure they thank you now for that forced marriage. lol Good to hear from you. Don't wear yourselves out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks we had a good day but since you're Barbara's father I will spare you of the details!
    YFSILINC

    ReplyDelete