Saturday, June 29, 2013

Ruth's Chris Steakhouse for Dinner

Gerry & Barbara have been "encouraging" me to go out to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse for a long time.  It sort of reminded me of way back when Larry Jr. was about 6 years old and the girls worked on me to get a dog for Jr.  I knew that taking care of the dog would not be on their agenda after a week or so and then someone else would be responsible.  Yep, that is how it worked out.  At least this time I had a great meal and even better company.




I finally weakened and we bought two $50 coupons at Costco for a total of  $80.  I should have bought 4 coupons, not 2.  Two things come to mind when I think of Ruth's Chris, very good food and $$$$.  We had excellent meals and very good service from Russ, our waiter.  All in all it was a very pleasant experience.  The restaurant was full when we left, so many others were enjoying themselves, also.

Gerry, me, Henry & Barbara

Henry then took us on a tour of downtown Charlotte and we were impressed with the area.  The main drag has many restaurants and bars for blocks and all the places were doing a booming business.  It is one of the cleanest cities in the US what we have been to and the pride everyone had in the city showed.

We all adjourned to the motorhome for some adult drinks and visited for a while.  Since we had a fantastic creme broulee at the restaurant, we didn't have dessert at the motorhome.  By the end of the evening we were all stuffed to the gills and worn out, so we called it an early evening.

Earlier in the day Larry Jr. came over to pick up Grant and we hooked up the TV in the bedroom to a blu-ray DVD player.  When I installed the TV I thought we could use the home theater system in the motorhome, but couldn't get it wired correctly.  The blu-ray is dedicated to this tv, so that will work out fine for our needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment