Saturday, June 8, 2013

Fire & Water

Gerry and I had Grant stay with us for the weekend and we wound up visiting with Barb & Henry at their house.  Gerry's sister, Darlene and husband Tom drove down from Annapolis, MD to join us in the festivities.  We hadn't seen Darlene and Tom since last September and it was great seeing them again.

Henry prepared some Chicken Speedies on the grill and with the sides, we were more than filled up with great food.  No, that isn't my Mai Tai mix on the bar, it's for Tom. 

 

We ate on their patio and after dinner someone had the bright idea to build a fire in the firepit.  Nice thought, but since it had been rainy for the last week, the firewood was soaked.  Grant wasn't to be deterred and worked on the fire for a long time.  Henry finally went over and helped him and this was their reward.


It was only after the fire was going that Gerry remembered we didn't have any marshmallows or chocolate for S'moors.  It was too late to pick them up so we all had to suffer through not having them. 

It was difficult to get a nice picture around the fire since the smoke kept moving around and covering up people in smoke.  This was the best we could do with the picture and I've included it just so you know they were successful in the fire making skills.


By this time the adult refreshments were flowing freely and someone thought it would be great to get into the hot tub.  Barbara and Grant were prepared since they had their swimming suits, while Gerry wasn't as fortunate.  Do you think that would stop her from jumping in?   No way!  Barb and Gerry found some clothes for her and in she jumped.  Darlene, being less daring decided to opt out of the hot tub.  This is the best shot I could get of shy Gerry in her hot tub outfit.  She looks pretty hot to me.


I don't really like hot tubs and since I wasn't properly dressed, I declined the invitation to join them.  Plus, I wasn't sure Darlene could handle seeing me in there and I know it would be hard for her to resist.  So, I stayed out for Darlene's sake.  No thanks are needed.

We left shortly after that and weren't sure Grant could stay awake long enough to drive back to the motor home, but he made it.  Good thing!  There is no way that I could carry him into the motor home since he is so big now.  

No comments:

Post a Comment