Sunday, June 16, 2013

Father's Day Weekend Happenings

The past few days have been very busy for us and when we returned home in the evenings I was too tired to even think about preparing a blog entry.  Now that things have settled down, a small recap of the weekend is in order.  

It was a full time family visiting time for us since Friday.  We picked up Grant on Friday afternoon and brought him back to the motorhome.  Saturday we went to Barb & Henry's for dinner and some adult beverages.  Henry prepared some bbq chicken and corn on the cob for dinner and then we sat around their fire pit and enjoyed the rest of the evening.  Grant started a really nice fire with dry wood so it didn't smoke us out like last time.

Barb & Grant

Since we had the nice fire, s'mores were the snack of the evening.  Grant managed to keep all of us in s'mores to the point where overload was fast gaining on us.  Even Rita (the dog) wanted to get in on the snack time and sat there with her soleful eyes waiting to get fed.  I think Grant may have sneaked in some morsels for her at one time in the evening.  That dog will eat anything and her round belly shows it.

Rita waiting patiently.
My parents didn't take many pictures over the years so I don't have a lot of pictures of my father.  This is one of the last ones I have of him when he came to visit us in Rockville, MD in 1971.  He passed away in 1972 a day after our anniversary.  He is sorely missed.


Left to right: Billy Clark, Rick Clark, Me, Cassie, Charles Clark, Barbara & Lori Lumpkin.  5 youngest were his grandchildren.

Our daughter Cassie couldn't make the trip down here for the celebration so I thought I would include a picture of her favorite flower along with her photo.  Barbara planted Calla Lilys and they were blooming for the weekend. 





Larry Jr had to work on Sunday, so he and Jane came by before heading into work and visited for a short while.  It was great seeing him on my day even if for just a few minutes.  We will celebrate Father's Day with him on Monday.  Jane picked up Grant and took him home so he could get to bed early.  It seems we keep him up too late.  Hey, we don't get to see him that much.

"Little" Larry and me.
We went over to Barb & Henry's after this and managed to miss the end of the NASCAR race.  Since it was just the four of us, we had a relaxing afternoon and evening and called it quits early so they could get some sleep before beginning the work week.

Barbara with her great smile.

I received some nice gifts, but the greatest gifts of all were spending time with two of my children and receiving a nice call from the other.  Thanks guys, you made my day.  Love, Dad.













2 comments:

  1. You're right - the best gift of all is spending time with your children. That's what it is all about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a fun time and I'm sorry you missed the Nascar Race I know how you love them!

    YFSILINC

    ReplyDelete