Thursday, July 19, 2012

Wheel Balancing

Our front tires needed balancing so I called and went in to have it done today.  The tires were pretty well worn so I decided to get new tires for the Saturn.  The original tires were made by Bridgestone, but they no longer manufacture this particular tire.  I wound up getting two new Uniroyal tires and had them installed.

While the wheels were off I checked the brake shoes and they were worn down almost to a nub.  Ok, lets get some brake shoes and get this car back on the road.  My, the dollars sure do seem to flow easily the last month or so.  I have spent all my communion money and then some.  Cost of doing business. 

I checked it out and everything seems to be working well for our trip this weekend.  We leave Saturday for Sioux Falls, South Dakota and will be changing our legal domicile as mentioned in an earlier post.  We have an 11am appointment on Tuesday with the mail forwarding company and hope to get all the paper work done and obtain our driver's licenses and tags for the motor home and car.

We had a nice little storm come through here again for the 3rd night in a row.  This one wasn't as windy as last night, but we got a nice downpour for an hour or so.  We sure don't need any more rain up here and the humidity is really up there.  At least we aren't suffering through the unbearable heat of a week or so ago.

One of my readers took the time to correct me on a spelling error in yesterday's blog.  I had spelled backhoe incorrectly and being an old retired school teacher, she pointed out my mistake.  Thanks.  She really isn't old, but was a school teacher.  Her identity will have to remain a secret to protect her from any wrath of other readers.  (This was written with tongue in cheek)

Slow day for blogging, but some days are like that.

1 comment:

  1. You're going to do it? I'm sure you've done a lot of soul searching making up your minds. Have a safe trip. But I'm wondering if you leave Saturday morning and have an eleven am appointment, how you're going to travel? Personal jet?

    ReplyDelete