Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Flamingo Restaurant & Minor Rant

Gerry and I decided to go out for breakfast this morning.  We were headed for a Perkins Restaurant when I noticed a small restaurant along the side of Rt 30 on the way to Chambersburg, PA.  Hey, lets try this place out rather than a chain restaurant.

We were seated right away and the waitress came around and asked if we wanted coffee, which we did.  A small spill of the coffee through no fault of the waitress occurred.  She walked by and saw the spill and came back with napkins to clean it up.  None of the above is out of the ordinary, but the fact that she saw the spill and did something about it impressed me.  I asked how long she had been a waitress and she said 20 years, 17 years at the Flamingo Restaurant.  It showed in her service to us.  She knew her job and took an interest in providing good service.  At so many other restaurants that isn't the case and we would have had to ask for a napkin to clean the spill.  It's nice to see someone take pride in their work.  Oh, the food was great also.  Try the place if you are in the area.

We then drove to Walmart and picked up some needed items.  When we were checking out I asked the cashier if they still gave $.03 off with the use of a gift card from Walmart.  You would have thought I asked her to explain a complicated mathematical formula.  She had no idea what I was talking about.  I stopped to ask a cashier at the self service line the same question.  Another blank look, but she did find a Walmart gift card, but had never heard of the $.03 off  deal.  I find it hard to believe that they worked there and didn't know anything about my question.  I still don't have an answer.

We visited with Cassie and the girls and then picked up some more food items and headed back to the cabin.  As usual, there are a lot of chores to be done to get the cabin in working order.  Nothing major, but time consuming just the same.  At least it is 8 degrees cooler here on the mountain top than below in the valley.

We saw our first deer of the season up here.  It wasn't used to us being around and walked very close to the cabin.  I think it has a sleeping spot in the back of our property and was looking to bed down for the night.  It is always nice to see them up here, unlike the 15 deer herd we had at the house who ate all my garden, flowers and anything else they could reach.

2 comments:

  1. We use a Wal-Mart gift card to buy gasoline... that gets us 3c off each gallon at Murphy stations (the only kind we've seen at Wal-Marts). But not all Wal-Marts have a gas station. Do you use your gift card for Wal-Mart purchases and get 3c off? Sounds like a good deal to me as we often buy groceries and everything else there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did I miss something? When did you get to your cabin? I'm going to presume that the motorhome isn't going up the mountain?
    Happy 4th of July.

    ReplyDelete