We had called the Rancho Verde RV park in Camp Verde to make a reservation. The best we could get was starting Friday. We still needed a park for Thursday (today) night. Before we could call around the nice lady at Rancho Verde called back and said they had a cancellation, creating an opening today if we could make it.
Super!! We rushed around and hit the road early for the drive up here. The weather forecast for the area was for a windy day on Friday and I didn't really want to fight a side wind for 200+ miles and drive through Phoenix (not that bad like the Capital Beltway) so I was happy to make the drive today. It worked out well and we arrived here early enough to have a relaxing afternoon.
There are some steep and long hills on I-17 but we made it fine in spite of the 97 degree temps in the area. I just took my time and let all the speeders go by on their merry way.
|Camp Verde, AZ|
|Thankfully we didn't need the runaway ramp|
That was our day, how was yours?