Monday, February 6, 2012

Superbowl Giants vs Patriots

Well, as everyone who likes football knows, today was Superbowl Sunday with the Giants playing the Patriots.  Everyone asked me who I wanted to win and my reply was that I wanted both of them to lose.  Since that was impossible, I was rooting for the Giants since they are in the same division as my beloved Washington Redskins. Incidentally, the Redskins beat the Giants twice this year and lost to the Patriots in the last few minutes.  Well, that is another story.

I prepared a football pool for the park and also joined one run by my children.  I wound up winning the pool from the children and was shut out in the park pool.  Go figure.

There were about 45 people who gathered at the clubhouse today to watch the game.  The park provided the liquid refreshments and some of the people brought the snacks.  There was plenty of both to go around and there wasn't any excuse to go hungry or thirsty.  The park has a large screen projection system and also a large regular tv.  The color and sharpness on the regular tv was great, but the projection tv didn't have such a clear picture.  It was nice to see the game on the large screen and hearing all the people cheering and making comments during the game was great.   Gerry and I both had a great time.

BTW:  The Giants won the game 21-17 in the last few seconds.

We delivered the winnings for Ron C after the game and got a chance to see their new trailer.  It sure is nice and they have a lot of space to roam around in.  I know they will enjoy the trailer in the future.

All in all it was a great day out here in the desert.

No comments:

Post a Comment