Friday, February 17, 2012

Blogger changes

I use blogger.com to create my blog and they are always updating and improving the features in blogger.  Recently, they improved it by adding two words to verify before anyone can leave a comment.  One word verification is difficult enough, but two makes it almost impossible to leave a comment.  Many different bloggers have been writing and complaining about how their readers are frustrated by this "improvement" and have stopped commenting.

One blogger figured out how to delete word verification and posted it on his blog today.  Rick and Paulette Rv Journal    I followed his instructions and removed the double word verification from my blog.  Blogger catches about 99% of the spam before it even gets down to the blog level and if I don't have a large increase in spam, I will not require word verification.  If it does increase, then it will be back to double word entries.  

We had a steady rain overnight and today there are still rain clouds on the horizon.  Ron C measured the total rainfall the last few days and it is up to .2 inches.  That is two tenths of an inch.  It is amazing what that amount of rain will do to transform the desert into green and wildflowers blooming.  I am looking forward to some beautiful cactus flowers in a short while.

When we got a little snow on Valentine's Day here in Tucson, friends of ours received over a foot of snow in Albuquerque and it hasn't melted yet.  They have a 5th wheel unit that is equipped for sub freezing weather and are fine, but I think they put wheels on those units in order to escape the snow and cold.  Usually they are in warmer weather for the winter, but the arrival of a new grandchild prevented them from leaving.  Actually, Karen prevented them from leaving so she could be there for the birth of the bably.  I sure don't understand grandmothers and grandchildren.  I guess it is as they say, "If I knew grandkids were so much fun, I would have had them first".   Mother and baby are doing fine.

Gerry's Christmas cactus has a ton of buds on it and should be blooming in a week or so.  I don't know why they gave it that name since it blooms in October and then again in Feb-March.  In any case, it is a beautiful flower and that is why we carry it with us in the motorhome, even though it takes up a lot of space.  I guess that is why Gerry takes me along also, even though I take up a lot of space.

Today is another doctor appointment for both of us and it is on the other side of town.  Maybe a few geocaches are in our future if the rain lets up.  If not, we will be forced to seek shelter in someplace that has liquid refreshment.  It's a win win situation, except for the doctor.  ** Note:  doctor appointment went well, no problems.  **

No comments:

Post a Comment